Sunday 6 March 2016

Grape and Glitter At The Butterfly Challenge

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted a card. Things have been really busy here. We've had a lot of work done on my old craft room. It still had polystyrene tiles on the ceiling and you could see from the shape of it it would probably some down with the tiles which is why we never tackled it. As we thought, the whole lot came down along with the most awful grey dust. The poor builder looked like a chimney sweep and said he'd never known a ceiling so dirty! It seems that when the original slate roof was taken off it was just left on the loft floor and covered with insulation and most of it has gone to dust. So it's been a lot of housework keeping the dust down. So my old room had a new ceiling, a new wall and the other three re-plastered and a new door. Almost ready for decorating now, just another heavy clean of the floorboards. A weeks break before they start on the major work in the kitchen. We had hoped to get all of the upstairs done before starting downstairs but we've been let down by the roofer so need to find another.

Anyway, on to my first card for a while and it's for the Butterfly Challenge and the theme this time is Grape and Glitter and of course butterflies. I've followed this layout from Sketch Saturday


I'm not sure what variety of grape my colours are but hey ho! The butterfly is cut from a glitter paper that doesn't show too well and I've added Stickles glitter to the butterflies on the background paper. I had originally cut the paper so that the butterflies were central but now I realise that I've used the wrong piece so may give it another go if I get the chance



6 comments:

  1. Hi Kimbo,
    This is a very beautiful card!
    I think I understand a little bit of what you have gone through during the last time. Not easy at all! Wishing you all the best!
    Hugs, Liv (Swissie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. I love that glittery butterfly and all the purple tones. So glad that you had time to join in the challenge this week on the Sketch Saturday blog.
    ~Jo, SS-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Kimbo, love the beautiful buttetfly ftont snd centre.
    Commiserations on the dust storm in a craft room. Pray you find a decent roofer! Frustration++
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had to have a new roof on our old house in London as part of the mortgage agreement and can still remember the awful mess the slates made when they came off. Also the previous owners when laying new carpet down had simply taken the old stuff up and bundled it all into the loft. We found it the day after we moved in!! It took hubby a week to go up there and cut it up using s Stanley knife into sizable chunks to bring back down and cart over to the tip in the boot of the car. He looked like a chimney sweep each evening as all the underside of the slates had shaled off onto the said carpet.
    It must have been a good year for grapes as your card is lovely!! The background looks fine to me and love the central large butterfly. Th nkyou for fluttering by and you card will be in the draw twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the colors, your die cut and everything about your card! Thanks so much for playing along at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Cathy SS DT

    ReplyDelete