Sunday 25 October 2015

N is for Numbers at The Butterfly Challenge

The new theme at The Butterfly Challenge is N is for Numbers. I don't have any special Birthdays or anniversaries coming up so I've made a hanging calendar for my craft room. I first made one of these several years ago at a crafty weekend with friends and I think it was one of the first times we used "shoebox" cards. Now I nearly gave up getting a picture of this and tried hanging it on the back of a door, in the window, on the floor - you name it, I tried it. I the end I went in the garden and hung it against the sheets drying on the line - we've had a beautiful day here in Sopley. I totally gave up trying to show the dimension on the decoupage and the sheen on the butterflies!

 The base is made of six squares cut from a cereal box and the papers and decoupage are from the Papermania Lucy Cromwell Ultimate pack. The small butterflies are from a Robert Adams die and the large one is a Marianne Designs die cut from pearlescent card








2 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea. A great thinking outside of the box (no pun intended) project.
    I also have difficulty taking a photo of multiple drop items but your way of hanging on the line using s sheet as a backdrop is a particularly good one for showing the whole thing. I love the big butterfly and the design paper used. Thankyou for fluttering by #41. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and such pretty paper. I have endless trouble taking photos of my cards.

    ReplyDelete