Sunday 21 April 2013

Heavy Metal

That's the challenge at Anything Goes and I think I'm just in time to enter. I've used the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches


It's not quite heavy metal as it's the bottom of a foil container. I went to a Plant & Cake sale at the village hall yesterday and although there were some lovely cakes, I only came away with some shortbread fingers and they were in this container (yes I have eaten them all!)


I cut the bottom out and smoothed it with the edge of my bone folder then cut the cars out with Marianne dies. I'm really pleased at how they came out


I've added quite a bit of sillicone glue to the back of the card so it won't crush. The bottom backing paper is from my stash and the top one is from a Wild Rose Studio pack. The sentiment is from an Inkylicious set called Journey. I've added a strip of mirror card which has been through the Cuttlebug in one of my favourite embossing folders for men. I've sanded it lightly and added some blue alcohol inks to take most of the shine off it. I'm also entering this into the Joanna Sheen challenge which is Recycle and the Cards For Men challenge which is Anything Goes



8 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I like this. Love all that metal. What a clever girl you are. I would've never thought to recycle a disposable aluminum baking dish and use it with my dies. WOW! Props to you!! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!!! I love the car!! Awesome masculine card!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Kim, love everything about it. Off to see if I can buy the card die now. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is brilliant and how inventive you are :-) great idea!

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning male card kim.great design and your recycling is fab :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant and so creative! Love the texture of the metal, absolutely fab! So glad you joined us for our Anything Goes challenge at Cards for Men!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous male card , love those metal cars- Thanks for joining us at Cards for men this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely fabulous recycling!! Beautiful card - great mans card. Thank you for sharing it with us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog. Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete