Wednesday 20 February 2013

Shabby Chic

This is my attempt at Shabby Chic which is the current challenge at both Anything Goes and Polka Doodles. As most of my cards go to the animal charity shop, I didn't want to go too shabby so I've come up with this card. The backing paper is a piece of vellum that came from a Papermania Christmas pack a good few years ago. I found two pieces in my pile of oddments and thought this one would go well (the other has holly leaves on). The image is from the Polka Doodles Love & Cherish CD. I wish I'd remembered this CD sooner as there are some great Valentines images on it. The heart lace was bought from a small haberdashery shop in Christchurch. I was so annoyed when I got it as I got talking to the owner and missed my last bus so had to walk the three miles home. I'm so glad that I did get it though as the next time I went past, the shop had closed down. The corners were in my box of bits to use up and the buttons were on the way to the bin when I was sorting out as I thought they looked a bit, well, shabby but I gave them a final chance and here they are. The sentiment is by Craftwork Cards . I've cut a circle of card and stuck some lace to it then stick the greeting to it and that's about it


7 comments:

  1. This looks lovely Kim. I can't seem to do 'Shabby Chic'. Callyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful kim.gorgeous pretty design and details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, elegant card Kim. Love the details.
    Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Kim. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous image and colours, Kim! Stunning project. Thanks for joining our Shabby Chic challenge at PolkaDoodles. Hope to see you again next week. ... x
    Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous card, love the soft colours. Thanks for joining us at the Polkadoodles Challenge! Kim – DT Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete